One of the best reasons to be in the Valley in March is for Major League Baseball’s Cactus LeagueSpring Training. Since 1947, teams have been arriving to practice for the regular baseball season. Back then it was only the Cleveland Indians and then-NY-now-San Francisco Giants; both teams still play here. Join friends and family for America’s pastime where you can see your favorite and up-and-coming players up close while enjoying the Arizona weather.
What makes Spring Training a great event?
- It’s fun for the whole family.
- Good excuse to leave work early.
- Reward employees with an afternoon out of the office.
- See players vie for spots on your favorite teams.
- 15 teams play across the Valley.
Tips for making your Cactus League experience memorable:
- Arrive early to get optimal parking and a chance for player autographs.
- Wear sunscreen and a hat.
- Lawn seats are an affordable option – especially for families.
- If you’re on the lawn, bring a blanket.
- Don’t forget your glove to catch foul balls and home runs.
- Have fun!
The Cactus League Spring Training games are an opportunity to spend time with friends and family while enjoying America’s pastime. Grab a hot dog and enjoy the game!