How Can Humidifiers Help Your Allergies?
Do you suffer from allergies living in Arizona? You’re not alone. The heat and lack of humidity causes dry sinuses and skin, pressure, pain, and bloody noses. Humidifiers can help and here’s how:
It’s the amount of moisture in the air. When it rains and the air feels “sticky” or heavy, you’re feeling humidity and it’s needed to keep sinuses moist and functioning in a healthy way. When the air is too dry, you’re more susceptible to getting sick, having bloody noses, and feeling sinus pressure. Using a humidifier, even just one used at night, can help you feel relief from these symptoms.
Types of Humidifiers:
- Steam vaporizers like the ones you may use when you or your children are sick boil the water into a cold or warm vapor. Vaporizers keep sinuses moist throughout the night to prevent bloody noses and coughing.
- Impellar humidifiers rotate disks, flinging water into a cool fog.
- Ultrasonic humidifiers use frequency vibration to create droplets of cool water.
- Wick systems use a fabric wick to draw water from the reservoir while a fan blows the vapor into the air. These self-regulate depending on the amount of humidity in the air.
- Whole Home Humidifiers are built into a home’s HVAC unit, keeping humidity at equal levels throughout the home at all times of the day and throughout the year.
In addition to humidifiers, we recommend the following to decrease allergens found in your home:
- Pollen can aggravate allergies. If you spend a lot of time outside, we recommend taking your clothes off right when you enter the home, rather than tracking pollen, dust, and other contaminants through the house.
- Take off your shoes at the door. Leaving shoes at the door when you enter means less allergens are brought from the outside and spread throughout your home.
- Less carpet, more wood and tile flooring. While you might like the soft, warm carpet under your feet, it’s one of the worst things to have in your home, especially if you have allergies or asthma, because it holds dirt, dust, pet dander, and other allergens.
Just Call John’s at 480-718-1172 to learn how we can help you decrease allergens and increase humidity in your home with humidifiers.