While the actual HVAC unit is important to keeping your home comfortable during the hottest and coldest months of the year, the duct system plays a key role in keeping you comfortable and healthy. If it isn’t sized properly, it can cause dust and contaminants to enter your home, hot air to be brought into your home through the A/C system, and increased energy bills.
Do you need to size and seal your duct system properly?
Your home may have ducts that are not properly installed if you experience:
- Extremely high energy bills during the hottest or coldest months.
- Rooms that are stuffy or difficult to keep cool or warm.
- Excessive dust and unpleasant odors.
Test the System. The team at John’s Refrigeration can evaluate and renovate the duct system of your home, solving these problems:
- Size Matters. Your home breathes just as we breathe. When the ducts are too small for the HVAC system that is installed, it causes the air to be constricted and the system to work harder to heat and cool your home. We will examine every part of the duct system for leaks, blockages, and poor design.
TIP: Use the proper size air filter for your system and change the filter as directed; typically once a month. Improperly sized or dirty filters constrict the flow of air as much as an improperly sized duct system.
- Air Quality Matters. The key to healthy indoor air quality is having a certain amount of fresh air in the home. We can test indoor air quality and fix issues you may have, including helping fresh air flow properly through the system and into individual rooms.
- Hole-y Matters. In the typical home, about 20% of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes, and poorly connected ducts. Leaks cause the system to work inefficiently, costing you in utility bills. We can repair the leaks and fix breaks and get your money back in your pocket.
The team at John’s Refrigeration can size and seal your duct system properly, keeping air flowing, contaminants and dust outside the home, and you comfortable. Schedule an appointment today!