In some ways, your home is like a living organism, with different systems working in conjunction to provide you with running water, electrical power, and a pleasant environment with air conditioning and indoor air quality products. Like a biological organism, your home consumes energy to keep those systems operating, and that energy consumption can cost you quite a bit if you’re not careful. Here in Mesa, AZ, that’s particularly important since our summers are so brutally hot. An energy audit is designed to address that issue in a comprehensive way. Instead of treating one individual system, it looks at your whole house in search of applicable solutions. What happens during an energy audit?Here’s a brief breakdown:
- Insulation: The technician checks on the amount of insulation for your home and recommends where and when to add more.
- Window Replacement: The technician looks at cracks and openings around window panes, and may recommend putting in more energy-efficient windows.
- Upgraded Systems: If you have an older water heater, air conditioner, heating system or similar household system, it may be time to consider replacing them with a newer model. The technician can make suggestions on features to look for, such as smart programming or upgrades such as zone control systems.
- Ductwork Issues: Your ductwork may not be properly insulated, or it may have suffered a breach or a blockage somewhere. The technician will check out the whole system and look for any sources of trouble.
- Lighting and Appliances: This can mean anything from replacing light bulbs with more energy-efficient models to getting a new refrigerator or dishwasher with the ENERGY STAR label. A simple change like that can make a huge difference in your monthly budget.
If you’re interested in an energy audit, then contact the professionals at John’s Refrigeration today to set up an appointment!