The efficiency of the HVAC system of your home is dependent on many factors including the duct system. A properly sized and sealed duct system eliminates dust and contaminants as well as hot air from being brought into your home through the air conditioning system. Air conditioning repair isn’t just about the A/C unit. The team at John’s Refrigeration can help you cut as much as 20% from your heating and cooling related energy costs by testing and repairing the duct system of your home.
Did you know?
- As little as 70% of the work the HVAC unit does actually ends up in your home. This is due in large part to the duct system being inefficient.
- As much as 20% of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks or improper installation.
- Our high quality and experienced home comfort specialists are authorized by SRP and APS for duct testing and repair.
- You may be eligible for SRP and APS rebates for duct testing and repair services.
Your home may have ducts that are not properly installed if you experience:
- Extremely high energy bills during the hottest or coldest months
- Rooms that are stuffy or difficult to keep cool or warm
- Excessive dust and unpleasant odors
What creates the inefficiency? The duct system is basically like the veins in your body. It carries the air from inside, through the HVAC system and back into your home. If the ducts are not sized properly, or the wrong filter is used, it creates high pressure in the HVAC system similar to high blood pressure in your body when your veins aren’t functioning properly. This makes the HVAC system work harder costing you more money.
Renovating the duct system helps the system run efficiently costing you less money.
Typically HVAC units are placed in the attic of the home. The system pulls air from the house, through the system and back into the home. In the summer the air pushed back into the home is cool and in the winter is warm. An efficient HVAC system will take all the air from the home and return the equal amount of air back into the home and will maintain a season-appropriate temperature
A proper duct system is sized, sealed and insulated properly. Having the duct system sized wrong can create high blood pressure in the system. Many times the duct system is sized wrong but it still working because of leaks. This is why we pay attention to both the sizing and the sealing of the system.
At John’s Refrigeration we want to create a healthy and efficient home environment for you and your family. Contact us today to learn more about testing and repairing the duct system of your home and applying for rebates from APS or SRP.