We are often asked, “What is the right air conditioning unit for me?” When selecting a new heating, ventilating, and air conditioning unit (HVAC unit) for your home it is almost unimportant which unit you select.
Each unit receives a Seasonal Energy Efficiency or SEER rating. The higher the rating, the more efficient the system is. The challenge with the rating system is that is based on a perfect laboratory setting of 85 degrees, perfect duct work and no air leaks. More than likely these conditions do not exist in your home.
The true value comes when you choose the right HVAC installer.
A good company such as John’s Refrigeration, will ask what you want for your home. Factors to consider include the optimal temperature for the occupants, including pets, air quality and energy efficiency. These factors, in large part, have to do with the quality of the installation rather than the actual unit.
Here are Tips for Choosing the Right HVAC Installer:
- Licensed and Insured: Your peace of mind, safety and protection mean everything to us. We will show you our $2 million policy so you know we’re serious.
- Our technicians take part in ongoing training and education so they understand the latest HVAC trends and technology.
- Guarantee of Work Quality: We offer a 100% money-back guarantee to all customers as well as a lifetime workmanship guarantee. We don’t rest until our customers are happy with our work.
- We aren’t just going to switch out the HVAC box. We care about finding solutions to your family’s needs and expectations. It is important to us for our customers to establish a safe, healthy and comfortable home environment.
- We understand the needs of your family go beyond having hot and cool air on your home at the appropriate times of year. A customized comfort system for your home is about more than switching out the HVAC box.
We review the entire system to find areas of improvement for energy efficiency including the following:
- Size the unit properly for the size of the home and number and lifestyle of occupants.
- Identify insulation issues
- Identify major attic-to-home issues
- Pressure check and balance air to create an efficient system
- Address safety and health issues
- Establish good air quality and distribution
At John’s Refrigeration we understand HVAC installation is about more than switching out the box. We want to help create safe, healthy and comfortable home environment that meets the needs and expectations of our customers.