If you’re sniffling, sneezing, and have a scratchy throat, you know it is allergy season here in Arizona! Pollen levels are high and lots of trees and plants are in full bloom. We know changing air filters regularly and regular maintenance to the HVAC unit are important to keeping your family healthy. What else can we do to treat or avoid allergies?
Here are some natural allergy remedies:
- Take a probiotic to keep your digestive and immune systems healthy throughout the year. A healthy immune system helps prevent allergy attacks.
- Exercise helps the immune system stay healthy. Being active – walking 30 minutes a day 3-5 times per week – helps your body run efficiently (pun intended).
- Making healthy food choices helps your body stay efficient. There are less additives to process so the body can focus on basic functions.
- Getting regular sleep helps the body recover and function at its highest level. This allows time for cells to repair, preventing a variety of ailments.
- Saline nasal rinses help clear allergens and irritants, which prevent or help lessen the symptoms of allergies.
We hope these tips help you stay healthy through allergy season!
For information about keeping your family comfortable in your home and ways your HVAC unit can help alleviate allergy symptoms, contact the team at John’s Refrigeration.