School is out for the summer, which means mom and dad are trying to find ways to entertain the kids while staying cool. The Gilbert and Mesa areas bring many opportunities to do just that. From trampoline parks to discounted movies, museums, and aquariums, there’s no shortage of things to do this summer.
- One of the best places to stay cool in the summer is the movie theater. The Dickinson Free Summer Movie Series is happening in Mesa and Goodyear in June and July on select dates. Bring your Harkins cups for $1.25 refills. Speaking of Harkins, they are running the popular Summer Movie Fun with discounted ticket prices, 10 movies over 10 weeks for kids at less than $1 per movie.
- Stay indoors and learn at a number of the local museums, including the Children’s Museum of Phoenix, Arizona Science Center, and more when you take advantage of the Culture Pass program. Use your library card to get FREE and discounted passes to a number of museums across the Valley.
- Explore the ocean world at SEA LIFE Arizona, the aquarium at the Arizona Mills Mall. Learn who (and what) lives at the bottom of the ocean floor and get a closer look at seahorses, starfish, sharks, rays, and more. Receive a discount when you purchase tickets online.
- Enjoy fun in the sun and water when you experience Salt River Tubing with friends and family. Use sunscreen and bring lots of water for the summer adventure. Group rates are available.
- For indoor games and rides, check out Amazing Jakes in Mesa.
- If bowling and laser tag are more your style, take the kids to FlipSide in Gilbert. They call themselves “the awesomestbowling alley & family entertainment center” and will not disappoint.
- And when the kids (or you) are going a bit stir crazy, check out the jump parks Jumpstreet or Xtreme Air in Chandler for a hopping good time.
Enjoy the fun while staying cool and let us know where you are spending time with the family this summer!