For about half the year, Phoenix, Arizona homes are closed to keep the air conditioning inside and the hot air outside. While this keeps us cool, it can also wreak havoc on allergies and asthma. Dust, pollen, and other contaminants can get into our homes through leaks in the duct system and unsealed doors and windows. Reduce indoor dust and you can reduce the allergies and asthma symptoms associated with unclean indoor air.
The team at John’s Refrigeration will come to your home and perform a whole home inspection to see where allergens are getting into your home and offer solutions such as a whole home air purifier, air humidifier, and sizing and sealing of the duct system.
Other ways to make your home healthier include:
- Carpets. Dust and other particles can get trapped in the carpets of your home, causing allergic and asthmatic reactions. The best option is to get rid of them and replace with tile or hardwood floors, especially in common areas. If you can’t do that, have carpets cleaned on a regular basis; every three to six months is ideal.
- Pets. If you have pets, you’re inviting allergens into your home. Dander, dirt, and dust can be causing breathing and other health problems. Before you decide Fido and Fifi have to be re-homed, try bathing them regularly and installing an air purifying system in your home that will trap dander and other allergens before they can make you sick.
- Shoes. Take your shoes off as soon as you enter your home. Ask guests to do the same. This will reduce indoor dust, bacteria, and environmental allergens that enter the home.
- Pests. No one wants to talk about unwanted house pests, but they are a reality, especially here in the desert. Wash your sheets and other bedding frequently and vacuum the bed to reduce the number of dust mites. If you see cockroaches, call an exterminator immediately. Cockroaches carry bacteria and disease and move as fast as three miles an hour, spreading germs throughout your home.
- Mold. Check under sinks and around windows for leaks that can eventually grow mold. As soon as you find mold, get rid of it, as it can cause a variety of breathing and other health problems.
If you’re worried about indoor dust and other allergens in your home, Just Call John’s for an inspection of your HVAC system including the unit and the duct system of the entire home. We’ll help you reduce indoor dust and keep you healthy!