Even though Earth Day was last week, Gilbert Arizona is a great place to make every day Earth Day. From the 350+ days of sunshine to the hiking trails, there are opportunities to enjoy the outdoors year round. Being in the desert makes us more conscious of our water use – or it should – and we can all save a little on summer utility bills while helping the environment.
Here are five ways to make every day Earth Day in Gilbert Arizona:
- Go outside. There’s nothing better than the sun shining on your face. Enjoy the outdoors by taking a walk with a friend or play outside with your family. Take advantage of the near-perfect weather we have here in Arizona!
- Use less water. Turn the tap off when you’re brushing your teeth. It saves as much as four gallons a minute!
- Save electricity. Turn off lights when you leave the room. Cover south facing windows. They get the most sun throughout the year, heating up your home, and causing the A/C to run non-stop.
- Use reusable grocery bags. The average family visits the grocery store more than once a week. That makes for a lot of plastic and paper bags going to the landfill. Opt instead for reusable bags and make it ZERO bags going to the landfill.
- Hang clothes outside. There’s almost nothing better than the smell of clean sheets. Hanging clothes and linens outside saves the energy you would spend using the clothes dryer. And in Arizona, laundry doesn’t take long to dry!
Imagine how great a world it would be if we each made one small change to make every day Earth Day! If you’d like to learn about even more ways to save energy and money, read our blog, 10 Ways to Save Energy in Your Home.