We LOVE the Arizona summer because it means we’re busy keeping you feeling cool and comfortable in your homes. Help us celebrate National Air Conditioning Appreciation Days July 3 – August 15 with the following tips:
1. Check your filter on a monthly basis. Unless you have a filter designed for longer term use, the air filter in your home should be changed monthly, especially during the summer when dust and other particles from the monsoon are in the air.
2. Be at home (or office) at your appointment time. We don’t want to have to reschedule and keep you in the heat any longer than is necessary.
3. Answer the questions our technicians ask to the best of your ability. We’re asking about the air in your home because we’re trying to find solutions. If there is a warm room in your home in the summer and the rest of the house is cool, this could be an indication of a problem with the system. And we’re here to help.
4. Avoid turning the A/C off when the house is empty. For maximum efficiency, turn the thermostat to 80 degrees when you’re away from home and 78 degrees or lower when you get home. This will prevent the system from having to work too hard to cool the home.
5. Use the stove or oven during off peak hours. That way, if the A/C kicks on, you won’t be paying the highest energy rates.
At John’s Refrigeration, we like celebrating our team and customers every day, not just during A/C Appreciation Days. For more information about making your home energy efficient, just call John’s. We look forward to helping you maintain a healthy and comfortable home throughout the year.