When you Just Call John’s, you know you’re calling a team that has your best interests in mind. Not only do we want your home a comfortable temperature, we want it to be as energy efficient as possible. That’s why we’ve partnered with SRP as certified technicians in their energy upgrade SRP rebates program.
What is an energy audit?
Our technicians are certified to perform energy audits and make recommendations for energy upgrades that are covered under the SRP rebates on energy upgrades. We will talk to you about your energy efficiency concerns, including:
- Cold/warm air coming into the home through doors and windows that aren’t properly sealed
- Insulation that is missing or not properly installed
- Temperature variance of 2-5 degrees in different rooms of the home
We will then inspect and test your home, including ductwork, attic, crawl space, air conditioning and heating unit, insulation, appliances, and lighting to determine inefficiencies and identify areas where you could be saving money on electricity.
Energy inefficiencies include:
- Use of lightbulbs that are not energy efficient
- Non-Energy Star appliances
- Older HVAC units (these are less energy efficient; see new SEER requirements)
- Improperly sealed ductwork, windows, and doors
- Negative pressure and/or lack of fresh air
After the energy audit, our technicians make recommendations for changes to your home. Some of these upgrades may be covered bySRP Energy Upgrade Offers:
- Air Sealing Rebate – When air isn’t travelling efficiently through the system, the air in your home can contain dust, pollen, and other contaminants that are unwanted, especially if you have allergies or asthma.
- Insulation Rebate – Not only should your home be well insulated, the installation should be properly installed and free of gaps, voids, and compressions.
- Duct-Sealing Rebate – As much as 20% of the air in the duct system could be lost through leaks if ducts aren’t sized and sealed properly. That means the system is working harder to keep your home a comfortable temperature. The result? Your utility bill is higher than it would be if the ducts were properly sized and sealed.
- High Efficiency System Rebate – If you’re tired of maintenance on your unit or your unit is tired of working, it could be time to invest in a high efficiency unit. The investment is worth the cost, especially if you get a rebate AND save money on utility bills.
- Shade Screen Discount – One of the most affordable ways to keep summer sun from heating your home is to have shade screens installed.
If you’re ready to learn how you can save money while making your home more energy efficient, Just Call John’s for an energy audit today!